Admitted to the Bar of Rome since July 15, 1993
Law degree, University of Rome "La Sapienza", December 4, 1984.
Rome: +39 06 6876917
Milan: +39 02 30573573
Fax +39 06 68192116
Giorgio CherubiniFounding Partner
Founding Partner of EXP Legal – Associazione Professionale, he provides legal assistance for private and public banks and companies in the field of corporate law and represents Italian and international clients. He has been previously Partner in important Italian and international law Firms, in particular: from 1985 to 2014 he was Partner of the law Firms: Dalla Vedova, Frere Cholmeley Bischoff, Pirola Pennuto Zei and of counsel of CFMP, creating EXP Legal in 2015.
He developed the implementation in Italy of the EU Regulation on the transnational insolvency for the MG ROVER Group, providing assistance to the Receivers appointed by the foreign Judicial Authority and is waiting for the formalization of the assignment to the Chamber of Commerce as an expert for the negotiation of the crisis. His long-standing experience in the field of commercial and corporate law, mainly internationally, also thanks to his participation in the International Lawyers Network, as well as company crises management has made him an excellent Professional representative of the insolvency sector, allowing him to be appointed as receiver by the Ministry of Economic Development, and by IVASS (Istituto per la Vigilanza sulle Assicurazioni) on several crucial proceedings of forced liquidation and by the Bankruptcy Division of Rome Tribunal; he has also served as member of Board of Directors and Board of Statutory Auditors of trading companies.
Until 2021, he was a member of the Surveillance Committee of Gruppo Condotte spa with headquarters in Rome, currently in extraordinary administration proceedings.
In the area of private clients, he assists Italian and foreign clients in estate matters and contracts, in particular in the field of beneficial and personal rights. He gained a significant experience in the administration of estates of individuals with limited legal capacity, receiving the assignment from the Tutelary Judge and having obtained the authorization to operate as legal guardian.
In his professional fields, he carries out judicial activities, both before the courts of merit and the Court of Cassation.
- "I nuovi accordi di ristrutturazione" – Pacini – 2022.
- "La liquidazione coatta amministrativa" – Maggioli Editore – 2019.
- "La riforma della crisi d’impresa" – Maggioli Editore – 2019.
- "Riforma fallimentare – Guida Commentata alla legge 155/2017" – Maggioli Editore – November 2017.
- "Guida alla redazione del contratto" – Ebook, Maggioli - November 2015.
- "La ristrutturazione del debito – Guida agli accordi ex art. 182 bis L.F.", Maggioli, 2014.
- "La nuova responsabilità delle persone giuridiche", Giuffrè, Officina del Diritto, 2012.
- "Crisi d’impresa, strategie di risanamento", Giuffrè, Officina del Diritto, 2011.
- "Glossary of Italian insolvency terms", INSOL EUROPE, contributor 1999 – 2004.
- "The civil liability of Corporate Auditors in Italy" – IBA – International Business Lawyer – October 1999.
- "Insolvency Guide for Italy", 1997, Society of Practitioners of Insolvency.
- "International Insolvency and Creditors’ Rights Report" – IBA Committee J – Co-managing editor 1993–1997.
- "I contratti internazionali" – Pacini – 2022.
- "Doing Business" - World Bank 2008 - 2014.
- "La nuova legge fallimentare", Giuffré – 2007.
- "La crisi d’impresa nel nuovo diritto fallimentare", Il Sole 24 Ore, 2006.
- "Guida fiscale delle società", Il Sole 24 Ore.
- "The EU Regulation on Insolvency proceedings", Restructuring and Insolvency, Practical Law, 2004.
- "The European Restructuring and Insolvency Guide 2002/2003" – White Page in association with Deutsche Bank, Linklaters and PricewaterhouseCoopers, 2002
- "Real Estate Investments in Italy" – Tax and legal matters, 2001.
- “The Holy Grail of Greek Insolvency Law” - INSOL Europe 2018 Athens Congress;
- INSOL Europe Annual Congress, Venice 2014;
- “The Italian Insolvency system: from the liquidation to the rescue culture; current trends; the insolvency of individuals; the EU Regulation 1346/2000” Abota Annual Meeting, Rome 2012;
- “The role of the professionals operating in the field of insolvency: duties and liabilities” Barcelona 2008 – Pluta Rechtsanwalts GmbH III Seminar on International Insolvency Law;
- “Restructuring procedures in the Italian Insolvency Law” Grundlsee, 2007 – Go-Industry Insolvenz-Forum;
- “The implementation of EU Regulation 1346/2000” Montecarlo, 2007 – Annual Conference of INSOL EUROPE;
- “Corporate governance in the distressed company environment” Scottsdale, Arizona 2006 – Insol International Annual Regional Conference;
- “Italian bankruptcy and insolvency laws and procedures” Rome 2005 – Annual International Bankruptcy Law Seminar – Bankruptcy Law Section of the State Bar of Texas;
- “The EC Insolvency Regulation: Forumshop before you drop” Amsterdam, 2004 – Van Doorne International Seminar;
- “Restructuring: Success or failure – Development of reorganisation laws” Prague 2004 – Joint Conference Insol International – Insol Europe;
- “Le marché italien pour les entreprises belges” Bruxelles 2002 – Chamber of Commerce Italy – Belgium;
- “Droit de la faillite: Vers un consensus international?” Lyon – November, 2000 – Conference Valactif;
- “Insolvency and Fraud” Berlin, 1996 – Committee J International Bar Association Conference;
- “Consequences of Adjudication of Foreign Bankruptcy in Italy” Florence, 1995 – INSOL EUROPE Annual Conference.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Parioli ONLUS.
- President INSOL EUROPE, 2001– 2002;
- Honorary Member INSOL EUROPE;
- Member of the Rome Bar Association;
- Admitted to argue before the Supreme Court of Cassation;
- Member Editorial Board of Eurofenix, INSOL EUROPE;
- Rotarian (President Club Rome North-East 2007/2008; Governor’s District 2080Assistant 2016-17/2017-18);
- Founding Partner and current Vice President of I.S.I.R. (Italian Institute of International insolvency and recovery studies)
Through independent search, Giorgio has been indicated also for 2018 leading practitioner for Italy in the “Who’s Who of Insolvency Restructuring Lawyers” edited by Law Business Research.